There are different areas of technology we can not keep up with each and every updates that goes around. But i would like to list you with few of those which you might find it helpful.
1. Airbnb raised a $1 billion funding round that values the company at around $31 billion. The San Francisco company was profitable in the second half of 2016.
2. Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla Chan are expecting another baby girl. The baby will be their second child after their 1-year-old daughter, Max.
3. WhatsApp is letting a handful of startups test its business chat tools. The tests, which are being conducted with companies that are part of the Y Combinator startup incubator, are an important signal of how WhatsApp plans to make money from its massively popular service.
4. Twitter has shut down its office in Berlin, which was home to around 20 people. The office was on the first floor of the Factory Berlin tech hub, which is also home to teams from Uber and Pinterest.
5. There is a secret “success rate” hidden in all your Tinder photos. Analysis suggests that heterosexual men have a significantly lower success rate than women.
7. North Korean tech is making “amazing” leaps forward. That’s according to Florian Grunow, a security researcher who studies devices and software coming out of North Korea.
8. Snapchat has opened a new store for Spectacles in Los Angeles. The retail store is just a stone’s throw from its headquarters in the beachtown Venice, California.
9. Facebook would “love” to acquire Snap Inc. if shares dipped to $14, FBN Securities analyst Shebly Seyrafi said in a note to clients. Facebook has the balance sheet to make a large acquisition, with $30 billion in cash and investments on hand at the end of 2016.
10. Amazon might start providing food, WiFi, and water at music festivals. The firm is looking for a senior program manager to “dramatically improve” the experience of the 32 million people that attend music festivals in the US each year.