Facebook is arguably the most popular social network with more than 800 million active users every month. It has more than a billion users and most of them use Facebook Messenger app to chat with their facebook friends.
But the messenger app is not just a chatting app! It has lots of features inside it like for example – you can play games inside it, change the chat colors, nicknames and many more.
With all the updates and features added we can clearly say that Facebook wants its Messenger app to be a one-stop shop for all your mobile needs – from sending GIFs to requesting an Uber.
Here are 10 Facebook Messenger tricks you should try now!
1. Play Basketball In Messenger with your friends
Facebook added a secret basketball game in a small update to its Messenger app to celebrate college basketball’s March Madness tournament.
- First Update the app if you haven’t already
- Locate the basketball emoji and send it to a friend. (copy and paste 🏀, if you can’t find it in your growing emoji list)
- Tap the emoji to start the game. You’ll get a basketball placed in various locations on your screen, and all you have to do is – just swipe up toss the ball into the hoop.
- Score as many successful shots as you can in a row, and the counter will restart if you miss
2. Play Chess in Messenger
Chess was added in facebook messenger before Facebook added mini basketball game to it. You can play Chess with your friends within Facebook Messenger by following the steps below:
- In Facebook Messenger, send the words “@fbchess play” to the person with whom you want to play chess.
- A chess board will appear prompting your facebook friend to go first.
You can select pieces using K for the king, Q for the queen, N for the knight, R for rook or P for the pawn. Once you’ve selected your piece, add the letter and number representing the space you want to move it to.
For example, you’d type @fbchess Qe5 to move your Queen to E5. Enjoy!
3. Share Music in Messenger with Spotify
Facebook Messenger is integrated with spotify which means you can share tunes with your friends inside messenger. But to use this feature you and your recipient must both have spotify app installed on your phone. If spotify isn’t installed then Facebook Messenger will take you straight to the App Store or Google Play to install it.
- Open a conversation on Messenger and tap the three dots icon below the message to bring up the More menu.
- Scroll down to and select Spotify from there.
- Search for a song, select it, then press Send. It’s that simple …
4. Send Cute Images – @dailycute
What do you do if you want to send cute images to your girlfriend? Browse the internet, search for the cutest photo, download it and then again upload, right? But there’s a simple solution for you. Here’s a cool facebook messenger trick for you – Just type in the words “@dailycute” and send it to your friend and see the magic.
Facebook Messenger will automatically choose a random cute image from imgur and then send it to your friend.How cute is that?
5. Send or receive money
What? Yes, Facebook lets you transfer money from your bank account to anyone on Messenger. Not only that but Facebook doesn’t even charge any fee for providing the service.
Steps to set up:
- Tap the little icon with three dots next to the thumb icon, and then tap “Payments.”
- Enter the amount you want to send.
- Add your Visa or MasterCard debit card.
- Each transaction can take up to a few business days to send depending on your bank.
You can also add or manage your debit cards in the Messenger app under “Payments” in the settings tab.
6. Use other apps inside Messenger
You can integrated apps like Giphy and ESPN directly into Messenger. This means you can use Giphy to quickly share a GIF or share sports memes and highlights from ESPN.
There are also some other apps that you can integrate with facebook messenger. You can see the list of apps by tapping the three dots — in the bottom right corner — in a message thread.
7. Use Facebook Messenger without a Facebook account
Did you know that you don’t actually need a Facebook account to use Messenger? I bet you didn’t! Anyone can sign up for Messenger with just a phone number.
ALSO SEE : Facebook Messenger for Web
All you need to do is – Download the app, and you can select “Not on Facebook?” and sign up from there. You can also create a Messenger account from the web version of facebook messenger.
8. Order an Uber ride.
Messenger has integration with Uber, which means you can use the app to order a ride in a conversation thread without opening the Uber app.
All you need to do is – Log into your Uber account under the “Transportation” section of Messenger’s settings to get started. You don’t even have to open up the Uber app.
9. Change Chat Color, Nickname and default emoji
With recent update on facebook messenger, you can now choose different colors for the chat bubbles in each conversation, give people nicknames, or choose a different set of emoji that’ll override the default collection.
Everyone in a conversation sees these changes, whether it’s a one-on-one conversation or huge group chat.
10. Use Multiple Accounts In Facebook Messenger
Facebook has just simplified things for you by adding support for multiple Facebook accounts in its messenger app.
If you’re sharing a tablet with your roommates or your spouse then this feature can come in handy. You can also lock down everyone’s account to keep everyone’s private stuff private and to keep life drama free. All anyone can see for other accounts is the notification count.